Call for papers
The Logic Colloquium 2018 is the annual European summer meeting of the Association of Symbolic Logic (ASL). It will be held during July 23-28, 2018, at the University of Udine, Italy, and is organized by the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics of the University of Udine.
The latest meetings took place in Paris (2010), Barcelona (2011), Manchester (2012), Evora (2013), Vienna (2014), Helsinki (2015), Leeds (2016) and Stockholm (2017).
The ASL is an international organization supporting research and critical studies in logic. Its primary function is to provide an effective forum for the presentation, publication, and discussion of scholarly work in this area of inquiry. The Association holds two major annual meetings to present current research in all aspects of logic in a way that is accessible to all logicians.
- Opening of registrations
- First week of March
- Deadline for abstract submission
- April 27, 2018 (see instructions)
- Deadline for travel grant applications
- May 4, 2018 (see instructions)
- Notification of grants acceptance
- May 18, 2018
- Deadline for early registration
- May 23, 2018
- Main event
- July 23 (9am) — July 28 (1pm)
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rod Downey Gödel Lecture Victoria University of Wellington
- Marianna Antonutti Marfori Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- Albert Atserias Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Vasco Brattka Universität der Bundeswehr München
- Agata Ciabattoni TU Wien
- Paola D'Aquino Università degli Studi della Campania
- Paulo Oliva Queen Mary University of London
- Ludovic Patey Institut Camille Jordan, Lyon
University of Illinois at
- Spencer Unger Tel Aviv University
- Matteo Viale Università degli Studi di Torino
- Dag Westerståhl Stockholm University
Descriptive set theory and dynamical systems
Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics
Proof theory and constructivism
Temporal and multivalued logics
Abstracts of contributed papers must be submitted as a LaTeX source file, via EasyChair. If you do not have an EasyChair account, you can create one at https://easychair.org/.
Abstract should be prepared according to the ASL instructions using the ASL abstract style .
The deadline for submissions is April 27, 2018.
If electronic submission is not possible, abstracts should be mailed to:Prof. H. Dugald Macpherson
PC chair of Logic Colloquium 2018
School of Mathematics, University of Leeds,
Leeds LS2 9JT, UK.
Upon notification of acceptance, authors will be requested to submit the TeX source files.
Abstracts are published as part of the meeting report in The Bulletin of Symbolic Logic only if at least one author is a member of the ASL at the time the report is sent for publication.
Abstracts of contributed papers submitted by ASL members will be published in The Bulletin of Symbolic Logic, provided that they satisfy the Rules for Abstracts (see above).
Applications for student travel grants
The ASL, the NSF, and the local organizing committee will make available modest travel awards to graduate students in logic and to recent PhDs to attend the meeting. For more details on the grants, see: http://www.aslonline.org/studenttravelawards.html.
Applications for student travel grants and recommendations should be received between January 1 and May 4, 2018. For detailed instructions see the Applications page.Applicants will be notified in time to be able to register with the early registration fee.
The event is made possible thanks to the financial support of …